Disclaimer : this post is one of those wannabe "philosophical" posts so if you're like me and just hate seeing ppl trying to think, then avoid. Also not for people who love It's A Small World rides.
You know how sometimes we just live in our own little worlds…with the same people, the same issues of our lives RErunning and REcirculating in our minds? And then some people will come up with potentially annoying songs like “it’s a small world after all”, which coincidentially keeps REplaying itself annoyingly in every Disneyland themepark accompanied by freakishly happy-looking mechanical dolls (moving coordinatedly and REpetitively too).
If you want proof of this, read anyone’s blog and tell me that they don’t talk about the same things or people usually.
Occasionally, we snap out of it. We start thinking about the big world and how the other half of the world lives and that they don’t at all resemble those dolls supposedly representing their respective countries in the Small World after all rides.
And then. We snap back into it. And we’re right back where we started.
So I guess, it IS a small world after all.
My Small World ride is a safe place. Free of malice and has wall-to-wall cushioning and has no deep ends. So even if the boat were to tip over…I’ll be in a happy wading pool. It’s pink in colour and everything will be rather pastel. There’ll be maintenance people around so I won’t have to worry about anything and they’ll refresh the paint every now and then. There won’t be those mechanical dolls but there’ll be people. The people I see everyday. All the good people. This place…was built for me by my parents. My birthday present when I was born.
I have never left it. I have only peeked out the windows once in a blue moon.
Everyone’s Small World ride is kinda different. I like mine. Come on, it’s pink wei!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pink it's the color of passion.
'Cause today it just goes with the fashion, yeeaaahhhh!!
-Aerosmith- *Pink*
I dream of the day I finally can muster up enough courage to leave this ride...
Post a Comment