Sunday, February 06, 2005

For the Love of Cadavers

Physically, i feel like crap. But in a good way. I tried doing the 'bridge' during karate today, and that was a back-breaker... obviously, my spinal chord needs more flexibility. And while multi-tasking today, i managed to acquire a humungous, awful, super painful bruise which i have been trying to suppress for the better half of the day. I think i'll be wearing pants on CNY...haih...

Life's been hectic (in a lazy kinda way) U see, lazy ppl always manage to find time to laze even during busy hours. Lots of planning to be done, for the Counseling Club, there's the Hamper Project and Canteen Day... and for this 'Kelab Pencegah Jenayah' , we have much to do in preperation for this treasure hunt we're hosting. And i'm sooooo lazy. And yet, i need more sleep.

I'm definitely a dreamer. I indulge in dreaming at any time of the day. I dream conciously, sub-conciously and unconciously. I can even dream up wierd stuff when i nod off in school. It only takes me a few seconds to start dreaming. Okay, this actually worries me to some extent. cos this might have somthing to do with why i don't get enough sleep. But apparently, Edgar Ellen Poe said something like: ppl who dream by day are more aware of things which escapes those who dream only by night (i forgot the actual words...but that's the gist of it) hmmm..bet he was a dreamer too.

Now, back to cadavers. When i read about them in story books, i thought it was some kind of mammal. Well, i was half-right cept that this mammal was human whereas i though it was a animal. Opps! Oh well,I'm wondering how i will react to operating one. Will i throw up? laugh hysterically? or be infinitely interested? I heard that the supply of cadavers in India is plentiful. And that IMU is short. I'm also wondering if i will die of shock if one of these cadavers were display obvious signs of rigor mortis and pop up from the examination table. I have heard of nurses dying of such causes. Freaky! (the dying part, i mean)

Finally, i heard the song " I'm too Sexy " in the car yesterday. It was funny!




2 comments:

YueN said...

A "real-life cadaver"? hahah... Talk about oxymorons...(i have to keep this one in mind...its a perfect example) Well, neither have i.

IMU stands for International Medical University.

YueN said...

Bummer.