I don't want another pretty face,
I don't want just anyone to hold,
I don't want my love to go to waste,
I want YOU and ur beautiful soul...
You're the one i wanna chase,
YOur'e the one i wanna hold,
bla blabla bla bla bla....(the rest don't interest me)
That was bits of the chorus. So i was just thinking that amidst all that love confessions, he managed to show that he's self-centred in a relationship. Do NOT dedicate this song to ur bf/gf.
1St line : he says that his girl is not pretty...and implies that he has had many pretty girlfriends b4. Ugh! This is a BAD pick-up line if i ever saw one.
2nd line : This line's not so bad... but a lil egoistic... kinda like "you're worth my while to hold"
3rd line : This guy thinks very highly of his love. (gag...!) Like, wasting food or money.
4th line : Finally...a compliment ... and decisive with the word "I want you". signifying an un-fickle mind.
So basically, the impression i get is that the guy's great stuff and that the girl is suffering from some low-self esteem, so much so that the guy has to keep convincing her that "she the one he WANTs". And everything's about how rite SHE is for him... that she's worthy.
Of course..i'm not giving the song enough credit on the "love scale" b'cos the rest of the song is not bad and quite sweet. But hey! Its the chorus that ppl will remember. Or more like...ppl like myself.
"I want you and ur beautiful soul..."
Happy Chinese New Year!!
3 comments:
Whoa!!.. Really observant.. And a little jobless... =)
heh heh... thanks. Jobless is rite...
Dear YueN!!
Reminds me of those Lit lessons we had b4 we had to split. hahaha. good training we had i suppose.
i like that song too!! but, the guys's kidda boyish...so not my type.hahha
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Post a Comment