There are only so many ways an introvert can handle dissatisfaction and anger. One of them, is NOT to handle them at all… So like a volcano, pressure builds up (apparently exploding in mental instability…but I don’t how true that is). Another way, is to let it all out in subtle ways, like blogging for instance.
I just came back from the @#$%*@##$ (it doesn’t mean anything in particular) post office after spending a WHOLE HOUR waiting to pay BILLS (hello…I wouldn’t even wait so long for something good/yummy but to do something like paying bills?) Really, it’s as if I’m hard up to pay bills or something…totally stupid.
See, I took this number at about 4.08pm (rite…so its not exactly an hour but its close enuff) and so I waited and waited and waited. I even had the time to discover that the numbers were called every 3 minutes on average. And that the abbreviation for ‘Lesen Perniagaan’ was ROB, which amused me for awhile. Oh, did I mention that my number was 1607 and the number calling was 1492? So my mom left me there to wait while she went to pick up the brothers. Also, if you want to send ‘Pos Laju’ u have to do it b4 4.00pm. And I noticed that you can pay the bills for lots of stuff including this Mega TV which I’ve not heard of b4 so am wondering if its another line of cable TV.
Anyway, at about 5.00pm (by this time, I’ve resorted to day dreaming and was at that moment dreaming about the place being robbed by 2 gunmen) and suddenly “whoops, counter closed…now GO AWAY!!” Was there any word of ‘sorry’ or apologies for ‘inconvenience’? Noooooo… Just sulky faces.
So I joined the ‘crowding around the counter’ crowd and asked this idiot fella behind one counter ‘kenapa tak hentikan nombor lebih awal?’ I mean, they obviously couldn’t handle the amount of ppl so they should have stopped more ppl coming an hour b4 closing time. So I know its not TOTally their fault but did they have to go and act like Prime Ministers with bad PR? Their mentality is such that its ‘our’ fault that they have so much work to do…so ‘get out of our faces and stop complaining’! Like their doing us a favor and aren’t PAID. I seriously felt like slapping them until they turn blue-black…heh heh…
One idiot even went on to say that we shouldn’t have waited for our number but should’ve just hoped in when they were calling the numbers of those who had already left. In other word, “serves u rite for not jumping queue, that’s why you’re still here,stupid!”
Well, in the end, I couldn’t pay the DARNed bills EVEn after waiting for an hour. An hour of beauty sleep wasted. @#$%&*@##$%# =)
Anyway, at about 5.00pm (by this time, I’ve resorted to day dreaming and was at that moment dreaming about the place being robbed by 2 gunmen) and suddenly “whoops, counter closed…now GO AWAY!!” Was there any word of ‘sorry’ or apologies for ‘inconvenience’? Noooooo… Just sulky faces.
So I joined the ‘crowding around the counter’ crowd and asked this idiot fella behind one counter ‘kenapa tak hentikan nombor lebih awal?’ I mean, they obviously couldn’t handle the amount of ppl so they should have stopped more ppl coming an hour b4 closing time. So I know its not TOTally their fault but did they have to go and act like Prime Ministers with bad PR? Their mentality is such that its ‘our’ fault that they have so much work to do…so ‘get out of our faces and stop complaining’! Like their doing us a favor and aren’t PAID. I seriously felt like slapping them until they turn blue-black…heh heh…
One idiot even went on to say that we shouldn’t have waited for our number but should’ve just hoped in when they were calling the numbers of those who had already left. In other word, “serves u rite for not jumping queue, that’s why you’re still here,stupid!”
Well, in the end, I couldn’t pay the DARNed bills EVEn after waiting for an hour. An hour of beauty sleep wasted. @#$%&*@##$%# =)

1 comment:
hey!
hmmm...sorry. When i said that they were stupid or idiots, i don't mean it literally, they were just annoying for being like that. They DO have a terribly dull* job.
Thanks for the comment!
*a more appropriate word is 'shitty'...but i'm trying to tone down the expletives. Excellent for expression, terrible manners-wise (oh the dilemma)
Post a Comment