Monday, November 29, 2004

Things That Matter

Today, i barely did anything that mattered... So now, i'm sitting here in front of my computer trying to figure out what actually matters. I spoke to my good friend today for about 2 hours (on and off...we had some interuptions so i speak collectively) and i think that 3/4 of that time was talking about her sweet, young relationship with her boy friend. He obviously means a lot her now...so i listen to her 'awww-inspiring' stories, some of which i find unbelievably hmm..sappy? I tell u, its toosweet for me.

Then i just chatted with this friend of mine... He was telling me about this girl he met. And i was deliberately bothering him about it (not that he minds...i asked for his permission first =) I used to talk to him about this other girl he really really liked. But today, i wasn't sure if i should ask him about her...cos there were some complications b4. So anyway, my point is that ppl like talking about love...or more likely, their love lives. Apart from it being a safely interesting topic, there's nothing like an outlet for all that happiness these ppl feel. Of course, not everyone likes talking about it...

I just saw for the 2nd time..this movie called The Terminal starring Tom Hanks. Its a very amusing movie about this guy who , due to some crack in the system, had to stay in the airport terminal for 9 months. So its amusing to see how he gets by... its a good movie.

You know how ppl ,esp the famous ones, like to say 'just be yourself'. In nearly all the crazy reality-tv shows (okay...i might be exaggerating) and those beauty pageants, the contestants like to give the advice of 'being yourself' The thing is...who can anyone, on a long term basis NOT be yourself? Assuming that you know who 'yourself' is in the first place. I mean, if a person likes and keeps on being pretentious (in that sense NOT being himself) who's to say that it isn't him. What if pretending to be someone else IS part of himself.... hahaha..do you get me? Anyway...i find this phrase very annoying...period.

Btw, all this silly talk is just a lame attempt at trying to be deep. So I shouldn't be bothered by what i say here. I personally don't know why i do it...cos it makes me feel pretentious and superficial in the end. I don't like doing it but...i'm a hypocrite.
Speaking of which...i've somehow come to a conclusion that everybody is a hypocrite one way or the other. As in , in the big overall picture, ppl often tend to contradict themselves. I won't elaborate further and bore myself with the details... i just didn't want to forget this conclusion.

I had a bone scan yesteday...and now...i'm diagnosed with..er...osteopedia or something like that. Basically meaning that my bone-density is below desirable. I'd better stock up on cheese. I read somewhere that now...during this period of our lives...our bones enter this important densing phase...which will ultimately determine our bony future. So a couple of years back i made this promise with myself that at that stage...i'll take calsium tablets and cod liver oil...actually to avoid the inevitable artritis (i suffer from the habit of cracking my knuckles...) So i'd better get started soon...
Ignorance is bliss... so i don't know why I educate myself unnecessarily, esp on health issues...seriously...it could put a strain on my health.



2 comments:

jasmin said...

daboo... it means hi anyway....woh alot of issue in one small blog... goos anyway.. keeps me reading and reading and reading without feeling bored... i think i should also get my bone scan...(jus in case hahahah) anyway.. ya what happen to the chun trip...i really want to go out with you and jia lin and also the john and all...

YueN said...

ahem...'the john'? hahaha...nvm. But yeah....when, where and how are? I also want to go on a chun trip! I'll call you interested ppl soon lar kay? Dun wan to leave too much details online...this place has absolutely NO privacy.