Monday, August 22, 2005

The World is Round but kinda Flat-ish at the Poles

I read somewhere about this fella (a lecturer or sumthing) who, when explaining something, laughed at certain Native American beliefs that the world was built on a GIANT turtle's back. Refer to this story but note that Star Woman suddenly became Sky Woman (?credibility?)

Anyway, i was thinking that these ppl prolly got the idea better than those seemingly more civiilsed cultures which said that the world was flat and that you could fall over the edge into oblivion. Well, the Natives DID notice the earth was kinda rounded, hence the turtle's back.

So i think that the turtle's back story reflects on Natives' observatory skills (or maybe not, just pure coincidence that they happened to like turtles) and creative thinking. VS logical flat earth.

I had hoped to be able to boast about finishing a chapter of chem tonite. i've yet to start. haiyoh...crap la. when is this study thing going to kick in...

I just realised how many guys from my class belong in the Kadet Bomba. I saw a bunch of Kadets(40 maybe) standing around on the school field last saturday and saw that 1/3 was from my class. I think they were supposed to be marching...heh heh... but they just looked like a family of penguins. Cept that penguins have more direction in standing around. Bless the penguins.

Now, i'd like to end this post with a short rhyme. Please stop to appreciate its true meaning (as interpreted by you of course) Its absolutely the best of its kind.

Yeah, i realise that this probably has no meaning and is all for the sake of rhyming. But i love it. Literature at a different level.

No comments: