Its one of those days again... where you feel ur self worth plunge to an all time low...then suddenly elevate sky high for a few minutes. These fluctuating moods are killing me. I don't mind the bad moods...but not when you know you could be happier at that point.
I was irritable today. Proven when this friend of mine wanted to try to go tru a whole day (i think the original plan was a WEEk) without the use of manglish. Waitaminute, does manglish stand for Malaysian-English (like Singlish) or does it stand for 'mangled-English'? Either way...you get my drift. So i was annoyed when she used this rather heavy American accent to avoid the 'la's and 'ar's. Honestly, any heavier, and she could be Texan. So normally, i'd be amused..amused to bits. But today, it was annoying. Most annoying of all about this whole anti-manglish thing was that I COULDN"T DO IT. I knew it would b hard but not to the point of undoable. Okay, i agree it was a waste of time/energy/effort but STILL. the fact remains that i can't go tru an hour without 'la's and stuff. Oh well, when in Rome, do as the Romans do... and i AM malaysian.
So after today, i decided to go to school prepared tomorrow. I'm bringing along all my mascots in life. Lil things to distract me from the other lil things in life. Hopefully, i'll be able to focus on the bigger things.I hope i remember them. If i don't , and i have a bad day, then its kismet. too bad.
We form 6xes have to attend a talk or some sort tomm. It by the "NO Appologies' ppl. Its mainly about encouraging our youths to say NO to pre-marital sex. When i first heard of it, i was pretty closed-minded, and tot it sounded quite silly. To begin with, i don't think i have much of an issue wit pre-marital sex. Of coz,i believe in sex-after-marriage but i dare not make myself any promises. As a rule, i never make myself promises i might not be able to keep. But then...a close fren of mine told me that the founder of this thingy is quite a great guy and speaker and what he has to say really relates to us youths and that he's cool. So i'm looking forward to seeing what's up tom. Heads up, i might actually make that promise.
I'm having a flu. I can't breathe nicely. The ppl around me are indifferent. (not to the flu la...to me) I'm overly-sensitive. I can't seem to please myself. I can't seem to stop myself from being rude. I can't seem to stop the 'in-tray of regrets' from filling up. I can't seem to stop dwelling on the past. Hmmm....any ideas? But above it all, i'm happy. Like i said, its just one of those dAYs...i'll just have to 'sit and wait for the bell'.
saved by the Bell.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Yuen,
you know right that saved by the bell was a teenage series..a long time ago, like sabrina?
cheers!
Post a Comment