Friday, January 21, 2005

All about...

Manhunt. The latest reality-tv show to be aired on good ol’ astro. These shows are popping up all over the place at such a rate as if ppl can’t get enuff of them. I read somewhere (to which I fully agree) asking why ‘reality-tv’ shows are called as such. Well, what kind of reality do these producers live in consisting of jungles, sexy ppl and silly/daring/amazing feats.

So back to Manhunt. Featuring good-looking males trying their luck at being a model. Pretty much the male version of ‘America’s Topmodel’ Minus the class n prestige, I would say. I mean, Topmodel made those women so glamorous. classy n talented. Manhunt on the other hand is degrading… even the name is degrading…tho I suppose its meant to be masculine in an animalistic kind of way…twisted! N the guys appear to me to have lost their individuality.

There was a part where the guys were all striped down (by the ROad SiDE seemingly in the middle of nowhere) and then ‘assessed’. The trainer/host guy was making comments like ‘chicken legs’ ‘nice look’ ‘too broad/muscular upperbody’ (excuse me but ‘too broad’? I tot they looked good) I think ‘flabby’ cropped up at some point and the host guy even went on the criticize or compliment the guys’ choice of underwear. 0_o .

They lost their individuality when they all went sky-diving (now this sounds fun) in similar underwear n boots. Notice the ‘boots’? that’s why I guess it was called ‘boot camp’.

Next day, they were taken shopping at Armadi. Two girls who happened to be shopping there started to hit on them. Some guys were disgusted whereas some took advantage of that. N the girls? They said they felt like they were ‘at a candy store’. Obviously, both parties had no respect for each other. Apart from the time when this lady (who was supposed to assist them) looked funny on discovering this guy n the girls in the changing room together, the whole shopping thing was a drag. Later, some stuff happened la, but its not interesting enuff to be blog-worthy so i'll forget it.


I don't think i'll be watching manhunt anytime soon.

ps: this post happens to be more bland n abrupt than usual becos this is the 2nd time i've had to type about this. Ugh! n i didn't feel like improving it, rather the opposite.

1 comment:

BoNdI said...

Dear YueN,

Manhunt, manhunt. Okay, too early i suppose, but i'm decidedly flaked out after indulging in it for the past 4 months. Enuff, enuff!

cheers!