Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back in Uni

I've just started my 6th semester... which means i passed my professional exam 2 =)

I did do quite badly as expected and i'm at a loss at how to improve myself.

So been trying to be hardworking this 1st 3 days. i clerked 2 patients and spoke to 2 more.

I'm doing a geriatrics posting for this 3 weeks. Whoever said minor postings were a walk in the park has gotta be kidding me.

There're TONS of presentations lined up for us... plus one case write-up.

Okay... let's see...

This friday : presentation of stroke case
Next Tuesday : Individual presentation (i'm doing something like "creating an elderly-friendly enviroment at home")
Next wednesday : Random case presentation
Thursday after next : Presentation of nutritional survey and planning a retirement village.


Oh, tmr we'll be visiting an old folks home =)

then we have to submit a report... seriously...what's with this module...so much work =(

Anyway, so far i'm really enjoying geriatrics (minus the assignments part) cos the lecturers are a really funny bunch. They lecture without notes or slides and successfully transition from one topic to another and cover everything seamlessly. Plus, they've got this sense of humour. I really like them geriatric lecturers.

Okay, going to sleep.

No comments: