even though ppl say its a small world (and most of the time, it is, cos u seem to meet ppl u know who knows ppl u know..etc..) it really is hUGe.
i mean, if u were to think about it, here i am, putting the last finishing touches on Jasmin's birthday present (Yes, it's her b'day today!!! Happy Birthday Jasmin!!) and for me, this is a very important thing to do. What are the other ppl doing now i wonder...
Then I worry and think about stuff like my up-coming results, karate, my lack of understanding in Buddhism, my PR, my friends and family, my deteriorating skills in guitar, my pimples, my dog, the next semester, the holidays which seem so short... ANYWAY, all this seems pretty petty when you read in the papers about ppl in Indonesia having to fight for food and rations at the aid centres. No need so far, ppl in Johor who had to start the new year homeless while we jam up the malls in KL.
I don't really know what i'm saying.
I guess i sometimes forget to look at the bigger picture in life. I have always been thankful for what i have and have thanked God many times. But i think i'm still taking things forgranted.
What do they mean when they say don't take things forgranted? Do they mean, don't always think that there'll be food on the table, that there'll be a home to come back to? If that is so... what are we supposed to do about it? Worry and fret endlessly that tmr there will be no food or home? Or do they actually mean that we should buy a few umbrellas to fend of the rain and some canned food?
Its a great privilege to be able to worry about stuff i worry about. Like exams. I'm lucky to be even able and allowed to take exams. I doubt if those ppl down in Indonesia (the ones fighting for food) will ever get the chance to worry about exams. So i really should stop complaining about exams...
Have you ever looked at ppl and wonder what is going on through their minds? It always amazes me that everyone is thinking about something else, something that i'm not thinking about...
I wonder what Micheal Jackson is doing right now
Hmmm...this post is pointless ~_~ time to abandon these wayward thoughts... looks like i just messed myself up.
Going to Jasmin's house later! It'll be good to see her... and i hope she likes what i got her.
Saturday, January 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heya!!I like your blog's latest layout..oh and that tagline abt the skinny woman-I got tht in an email but I found it funny too =)
so did u enjoyed the partay??and did she liked what u bought?hehehe
Post a Comment