For those who weren’t aware, last Sunday, the 5th of November 2006, was Malaysia’s National Integrity Day.
Apparently, this occasion was mentioned in the Straits Times but I found out while studying for my TITAS finals. It was the only thing about the subject that I remember.
Anyway, I was wondering, what on earth goes on on a National Integrity Day… is it something that we can actually appreciate? Maybe…:
U get pulled over for some traffic offense. The cop stops you and u wind/press down ur window. The both of you smile pleasantly at each other. He asks for ur ID n drivers license and you gladly oblige.
Then he goes, “Encik, kamu telah melanggar peraturan jln raya. Sbg polis yg memperthnkan kedaulatan undang-undang M’sia, saya terpaksa menyaman (?) encik.”
This is where you go, “Tuan, sebagai seorang rakyat M’sia yg berintegriti, saya akan membayar saman tersebut dgn rela hati kerana saya faham bhw saya telah melanggar undang-undang jln raya.”
You both grin broadly, give each other a thumbs up and chorus, “Malaysia Boleh!”
Seriously, what do we do on National Integrity Day?
By the way, Malaysia’s ranked 44th (I think) in 163 of the MOST CORRUPT countries... Hmmm...
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW.. just WOW..
*imagines the situation happening to diri sendiri*
hehehe...cute one...:>
pendidikan moral. =S
Post a Comment