I had the most interesting day today. Nearly too much.
1st, we had a MUET trial exam today. My group got the topic on how to attract young adults to participate in Rakan Muda activities. So as Candidate A, I had to start by elaborating on my ‘suggestion’ that Rakan Muda should organize a Workshop on Entrepreneurship. I managed to come up wit ONE solid point. The rest...was crap. Okay, so that went rather badly. Then we had the second part, discussion. Haih..so after 10 minutes of chucking my weight about, we concluded that organising a workshop on self-defense would be the way to go. There were 2 teachers watching. Let me tell you what the teacher on my rite told me… She said ‘Young lady, try not to giggle too much…’. Oh NOOO… that’ll be pretty hard to do. How embarrassing. Worse still, I wrongly defined ‘young adults’ and my team mates won’t let me forget it. It seems that my definition jeopardised his points…serves him rite la for not correcting me. Humph!
After school, that much-postponed treasure hunt. I was playing the part of one of the witnesses. So I spent an hour plus waiting for ppl to come and talk to me. So as not to look too pathetic, I tried to do my homework. The Hunt was pretty tough I think, cos went the time was up, nobody could come up wit the murderer yet. BUT, after 15 minutes more, our winners did. Prize money of RM20 was awarded to them; money which I think will end up at this cyber café.
Come evening, I attended this BEC Catholic Home Mass. Was supposed to be the pianist/guitarist ..whatever… I enjoyed the whole thing. Tho the music part… Well, the comments were,”Very good……EFFORT”. Honestly, when it come to participating in something, you don’t really want to hear how good ur EFFORT was. So after apologizing profusely for my great effort, I decided to enlighten myself on Catholic Christianity. So I asked about and ended up chatting wit this guy who tot that I was a working person. U see, I asked him how old he was, and he said ‘Definitely younger than you,’ He’s of the SAME age btw. Hmmm…. "to be or not to be" flattered.
So I found out how Christian masses go about, why Catholics pray to Mother Mary, some stuff about saints, some interesting excerpts from the bible, and lots of information on IMU. As it happens, he’s currently studying there. His comments on the place…are of the discouraging sort.
As the father was leaving, he spoke to me, found out that I’m Buddhist, and suggested to that guy I was talking to, to lead me and to take me to church. Then all the ppl around him toyed with the idea of him starting young, evangelism n bla bla bla (din catch this part). And then we exchanged hp numbers n he told me that I could call him if I wanted to go to church. Just to set the record straight, I think Buddhism rocks. (all due respect, u get me)
Some ppl take this evangelism thing too seriously, tho I think it’s a great effort for their faith. An amusing thing I heard was that the late Pope John Paul II was actually preaching Christianity to the Dalai Lama. I can’t imagine….
Thursday, April 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lolz.... as usual your blog alwiz so interesting..hmmm anyway preching to dalai lama...hahahhaha i think dalai lama would also start giving idea on buddhism... they make a prefect pair...hahahahha
Post a Comment